Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Three Paintings in the Works

I'm always working on more than one painting at a time. Actually that goes for anything, really: knitting, crocheting, reading, etc.

The following painting is one I started a while ago. It's rather large and it has been sitting on my easel waiting for me to finish it. Sometimes I get intimidated at this stage in the painting when it's clear what I want to paint and I don't want to mess it up. One of these days, I'll get going again!
Yesterday, I played with more molding paste applied through a stencil, which turned out so beautifully. I am not quite sure where to go from here, but maybe today that'll become clear.
And here is the third piece in progress. Here I applied light molding paste, which has a more porous quality than the regular molding paste. Again, I'm not sure where this is going to go. Abstract pieces are so much harder than anything representational. At least for me. But also lots of fun because there are no rules.
I hope you will have a beautiful Tuesday!

Silke

2 comments:

  1. The fun is in the process, isn't it? I think that the last one is complete so will forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The fun totally is in the process!! The last one looks very different already, but it's still not done...

      Delete